Wednesday 14 August 2013

What is in our brain? That's in our brain!

Hello again.  You all know my name is Paul Robinsons and now we are going to learn about what is in our brain.

What is in our brain?  Nerve cells are in our brain. They also have another special name and that is called a Neuron.  The flowery bit on one end is called a dendrite and the dendrite is connected to the axon.  Neurons connect to each other and they send messages to our brain.  For an example,  say I stubbed my toe and it really hurt. The neurons send the message from my toe to my brain in a flash of lightning.  When my brain gets the message I can feel how sore my toe is and I scream like a ladyman!  I'd call my mummy or someone, or I could just go and put a bandaid on and squeeze my toe to make it feel better because that's what I do.

That's all from Paul Robinsons - owww, my toe!

some neurons connecting together


this is my toe and it's been stubbed!  OWWWW!

2 comments:

  1. Hello Paul Robinsons, I really like your writing style. You explain things very well. Do you really scream like a ladyman? I'd love to hear that!
    Keep up the good work...

    ReplyDelete